ਡਿਠੈ ਮੁਕਤਿ ਨ ਹੋਵਈ ਜਿਚਰੁ ਸਬਦਿ ਨ ਕਰੇ ਵੀਚਾਰੁ
Sri Guru Granth Sahib Study Group
Brought to you by The Chardi Kalaa Foundation, IGS Now and Sikh Gurdwara San Jose.
Date: Sunday March 29th, 2014
Location: Sikh Gurdwara San Jose – Sahibzada Fateh Singh Room in the Khalsa school area.
Time: 11:00 AM
Duration: 2 Hours
Format: Conference Room
S. Pritam Singh Kohli will speak on “Gurmat Perspectives On Maya”.
Abstract: The Term Maya occurs in SGGS hundreds of times which enables one to explore its various aspects, dimensions, features, functions, and roles etc.
The Presentation will explore interactively with Saadh Sangat some of the important issues listed below along with those likely to be raised during discussions.
1. What is Gurmat’s conception of Maya?
2. What is the metaphysical thought on which it is based?
3. Who created Maya?
4. What was the purpose for Maya’s creation?
5. Did Gurus used the term as in earlier traditions?
6. If not, how did they expand its application and enriched the concept?
a. Use of metaphors and specific expressions?
b. Linkage with other metaphysical concepts?
7. Through which means does Maya function?
8. which are its malignant influences?
9. How to escape or dispel those influences?
As always, we look for active participation by the Sangat in an environment that encourages interactive discussion.